EXTRACTIONS AT DENTAL LOFT
We all want to keep our teeth forever, but there are occasions that this is not the case. No one wants to talk about losing a tooth, but at Dental Loft, our gentle dental professionals will put you at ease. They will walk you through the procedure, from sedation options to home care post surgery, as well as replacement options for the space.
We pride ourselves on being a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. If you think you may need an extraction, please call today!
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
- Orthodontia or the need for aligning the teeth properly is one of the reasons why dentists pull out a tooth. Your teeth may refuse to erupt from your gum or it may be too big for your mouth. Whatever the reason, your dentist will want to uproot it.
- Severe Tooth Decay In this case, your dentist may recommend you to have the tooth extracted if it’s beyond repair.
- Periodontal Disease is an infection of the tissues and bones that surround the tooth which adversely affect the tooth. In this case tooth extraction may be the only effective treatment option.
Precautions needed after surgery:
After the tooth extraction, it is important to follow the advice of the dentist. Some of the tips that you must keep in mind are:
- Take the painkillers as prescribed by your dental surgeon or dentist
- Don’t smoke as it inhibits the healing process
- Eat only soft food to avoid biting and chewing from the affected side
- Follow proper dental hygiene to prevent infection
If you’ve been experiencing constant pain in your tooth, it is time to seek a professional. We have a team that will assist in alleviating your pain. Contact us to schedule your appointment today.